(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Yes, Yes, That's Me!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Yes, Yes, That's Me!

I am definitely an "ornery, self-obsessed, unhealthy, consumer-driven, gluttonous, idiot-box- watching troglodyte"

Or if I am not, I wanna be. (Actually I rarely watch TV, but I do read trashy novels and surf the net to excess.) I also wish I had written this on the nanny state and its ridiculous, nearly religious, all encompassing, regulatory fever.

However,
David Harsanyi has done a great job, so you can just read what he thinks about outlawing loose fitting slacks, sin taxes and the loss of personal freedom in the name of government induced utopia.

9 comments:

Rebecca Mecomber said...

You're not self-obssessed!

;) ;) lol


Love ya, TC. :)

Jeffro said...

Great Rant!

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Hillarious! I'm going to add cream (among other things) to my eggnog tonight, and hope the neighbor doesn't call the diet police!!

Deb said...

Too funny :) I never realized that eating a Big Mac put me in the same moral category as a "junkie".
I'm surprised they haven't closed down all the McDonald's long before now.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Nita, more cream too and only the good stuff! Happy New Year!

Jan said...

Loved it!! Now if I can figure out how to get more yummy trans fats in my diet...

Earl said...

Only you, would know, but we like you very much the way you are - you share the beauty of your heart so well. Have a Happy New Year, three hours before I catch up, but that is fine.

Anonymous said...

Fred I'm going to continue to eat my red meat and have sugar in my coffee!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
Finaly over the cold the kids had feeling pretty good today.
Love
Matt

threecollie said...

Mrs. M well.....maybe not, but I'll bet I'm a troglodyte. Lol

Jeffro, I get so tired of the morality police. They need to find somewhere to get lives of their own so they can leave mine alone.

Nita, you go girl!! We are getting our junk food together for tonight as everyone was too tired last night to bother with anything.

Deb, it's potato chips with me...I am so darned decadent and immoral that way. lol

Linda, ditto and Happy New Year to you too!

Jan, hooray for junk food is all I can say...and dairy products, can't forget dairy products!

Earl, thank you so much! That is so nice. You have a Happy New Year!

Matt, sugar in the coffee, lots of cookies! Yeah!! Love you too. Stay warm!