(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: The 39 MIlk Strike

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The 39 MIlk Strike

John Bunting has links to incredible coverage of this long ago event. If you can take time to click the links and read the whole story, please do. I admit to having skimmed for now...deadlines loom and milking impends.....Somewhere in the hutch we have a picture of the boss's father and the father of one of our best friends taking part in this or a similar affair at about the same time. There were some terrible events back then...which the old fellow often recalled for us before his passing.

5 comments:

June said...

That must have been the event my mother remembered, when it made her sick to see the milk cans being emptied onto the ground....

dickiebo said...

Really interesting stuff. Many thanks.

PS. Will pinch the poster for my blog!!

Earl said...

Great history lesson here, but are enough people studying it? Thanks.

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

Thanks for you sweet comments, glad your mom is coming home today. I hope her treatment gets easier..This just really knocks the stuffing out of them..Yep, them quilting mama's are something else.

threecollie said...

June, I guess it was really something. The boss's dad told some pretty frightening stories about it.

Dickiebo, I see that you did so. I wonder if farmers today will be able to find a way through these harsh times

Earl, thank you for reading it. We were amazed a couple of years ago when a friend stopped by with a copy of that old newspaper. Didn't know that the families had known each other that long...I am thinking now that maybe it was grandfathers and not fathers on the front page...will have to see if I can find it.

WW, I treasure the quilts my mom has made us and I know you do yours. Thanks for the kind words.