(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Isn't This Nice

Friday, October 23, 2009

Isn't This Nice


Time Warner Exposes Customers......to hackers....

I have been having over two months worth of sometimes heated
and certainly frequent discussion with that particular company, as they signed us up with a nice year long offer, then sent us a bill or something else. Which was considerably higher.

They keep promising to fix it.

And then not fixing it....and hanging up on me, not returning calls, etc. etc. I had thought better of the company, as they have treated us exceptionally well in the past. However, I gotta tell you, one more bill for the higher amount and my next call will be to the Attorney General.

Just sayin'

Meanwhile, the blue bomber is finally fixed.
(For which I am amazingly grateful). The wiring and pump that sits in the gas tank went bad and it was a major project to get it fixed...long story.

Now we can sell some livestock to pay the rest of the taxes. I am so leery of sending anything as prices have been appalling, but we simply have no choice. Guess I should be glad we still own them so we can sell them.

8 comments:

Deb said...

It seems to be the way with companies these days.....they entice you with great deals, sign you up and then treat you like crap. It's a shame they just won't keep their word. Good luck with that.

I hope you can at least get a "fair" price for your livestock.

Earl said...

I to Where the Wild Things Are, and was a bit stunned by its adult theme, and then reading your tag... GRRR it all made perfect sense, actually as soon as I started walking out of the theater the growls started coming up so easily.

Sandcastle Momma said...

We get into one of those situations with AOL years ago that took forever to fix. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Grrrr is right i hate it when things like that happen and there's no recourse. Hope it gets fixed and you get good prices. The calf market is the same as last year..........we heard that is was lower.

DayPhoto said...

Corn prices are down this year, usually when corn is down cows are up. At least in our area. Hay is holding steady.

Good luck on your prices! Maybe you sell high!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

threecollie said...

Deb, I am still astounded by how badly we have been treated over this. We have had their cable for years and they have been wonderful to do business with...and now this.
Thanks

Earl, the kids want to see it, now I will have to think about whether I will join them. We all loved the book when they were small and I was reading to them.

SC Momma, thanks I guess I need it. I will do as threatened though. Bait and switch is specifically illegal and I have kept good records of what has been transacted.

Linda, I get so tired of fighting for what should be given without question. We are having a nightmare with our water bill as well. We ALWAYS pay on time and got a bill for arrears last month. We went to the Post Office to discover that the person in charge of posting payments didn't pick up the mail for a couple of weeks!!!!! This month we sent a registered letter so we can prove that we paid on time, but we surely shouldn't have to. Hope your calves and ours bring a reasonable price this year.

LInda, thanks, sorry on your behalf for the corn price. It is all over the board here, up one week and down the next. Crazy

Ericka said...

i'm going thru something similar with my phone company. they called with an offer to bundle that was dish network, a free dvr, free installation, phone and high speed internet that was less than my current phone bill. but then the dish network didn't work out (too many trees) and the bill was nearly twice what they said it would be. *growl* it's always something, isn't it?

threecollie said...

Ericka, that is almost exactly what they are doing to me!! It is infuriating!