(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: This Oughta Raise Your Eyebrows

Thursday, December 03, 2009

This Oughta Raise Your Eyebrows

John Bunting had this today:

Organic Foods Made in China

Oh, yay. I don't see much point in organic myself (sacrilege I know, but there it is). However, with all the fine quality control that particular nation exerts over its dairy products and food ingredients, I can just imagine what their organic standards are like. I think if you pay a higher price for a premium product you probably ought to have some assurance that you are actually getting it. Doesn't seem to be the case here.

Oh, and it is pouring this morning, torrential, all-consuming, all-soaking downpours. I haven't even had the doggies out yet. And dag nab it, the boss just fixed the driveway the day before yesterday after the last set of monsoons took it out. I know even though the sun isn't up yet that it is gone again.

6 comments:

Deb said...

"Organic" in China - not enough to convice me to buy.

Pouring/windy here as well. My ducks are as happy as they can be :) The gravel we ordered to fix our driveway didn't arrive on time - now I'm glad we had to wait.

Hope the sun returns soon!

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Once the USDA got involved with organics it was all over. Unless you buy from the actual producer it is a sham in most cases.

Lovely pic of the songbirds in the previous post :)

DayPhoto said...

Cold here. Very cold. My car didn't want to start, neither did I.

6* heading your way, with a bitter wind making it -5*.

All animal water frozen. I now have to set up the heaters. (I wait until this moment otherwise the electric bill stays out of sight for way too long.)


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

The wind was whipping down here last night and I thought we might lose some more trees, but no hard rain... Last post the witches ears perked to the word "moose" when you see my friends say "hello" *sigh* :)

R.Powers said...

Good point.
Remember the toxic baby formula and toxic drywall.

threecollie said...

Deb, I should not have been surprised I guess.... weird day yesterday. Blazing sunshine one minute howling rain the next and snow just one town over across the river

Nita, I have read the same thing about cage free eggs etc. Mom and pop businesses shoved aside by the likes of Land o' Lakes when they small a big profit. There is money in farming and supplying food, but they are real good at keeping it away from the little guy.

LInda, I sure hope it takes its time getting here...I hate the cold.

WW, no moose yet and we are beginning to wonder if you could exchange the word moose for the word yeti.....

FC, those, and poisonous puffer fish masquerading as ordinary fish and dozens of others....and all those thousands of cats and dogs that died from tainted food. What on earth is this country thinking of?