(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Hustling

Friday, June 18, 2010

Hustling

The Amishmen are here to work on the roof. They arrived when we were about half way done with the morning milking. First crisis...bees in the beams. Alan is off to get bee spray. They are hurrying around getting ladders up and tools in place and two by fours out of the heifer barn. Those men can really hustle! I am very glad I don't have to follow them around for the day.

Second crisis, Neon Moon walked right through the electric fence, just because she could. It was hot and she was getting shocked by it...she didn't care. Tore off about fourteen insulators so the boss had to drop every thing and go fix fence....ah well...never a dull moment.

8 comments:

~ Sara ~ said...

Well I hope they get your barn done and it's right. Around here you just don't hire the local Mennonites (at least most don't... us included)...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having fence troubles... and don't you just hate when they do that... :)

threecollie said...

Sara, we had very mixed feelings but all the English contractors are so busy we simply could not get one to actually get here and get started. I suspect we may have some regrets, but we really need to get the mow filled and it is leaking really badly. And yeah, it is enough to drive you crazy when they just grin and stroll right through a good, hot fence, usually taking half of it down in the process. Dang!

Shayla said...

I was just wondering why you put magnets in cows stomachs or am I reading it wrong in your sidebar?

threecollie said...

Shayla, here is a post explaining the whole affair. Thanks for visiting!
http://northviewdiary.blogspot.com/2007/04/cow-magnets.html#links

Deb said...

I would darn sure hire them if I needed work done and they were willing to do it. I hear they do good work and I hope they do a great job for you folks. Hard to get anyone to work around here period.

We strung new fence the other day for the sheep. I have 3 romneys that walk through it for no reason other than to get to the other side. I stuck their nose right on it and saw sparks and they still go through the fence. They aren't the brightest sheep in the group :)

lisa said...

So glad to hear that the barn is getting fixed! I still remember when momma cow went right through the electric fence to get to her baby. I don't think she felt a thing. Wish I had that kind of tough hide;)

tipper said...

Yikes-sounds like one of my mornings-well except I don't have a cow or a barn : ) But you know what I mean!!

I hope you got it all fixed!

~ Sara ~ said...

As you know all to well we have had issues with English contractors :) So Amish are good, some bad... And I understand about the need to get it done... I just hope it doesn't leak just as bad after their done... trust me... it's happened around here before...