(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Thursday on the Farm

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday on the Farm

Not all the dandelions around here are out in the lawn.....

Sorry I haven't been doing much more than putting up links
and photos lately. This is a busy time of year on a farm and we have been going at it every day. The guys are finished with first cutting and getting at the Sudex and second cutting. Trying to bale the latter, but with the every few days rain most of it is ending up in the bag. They are mixing the Sudex with semi-dry hay to get it to go in the bag as it is pretty hard to dry down and tends to mush up and not pack otherwise.

Haven't even had a chance to plug the new camera into the computer to charge its little battery. Beets and beans are throwing themselves at me apace and I have to get them in the freezer. I am itching to get out and take some video of Shamrock playing with her tongue. She is a goofy little Jersey of Liz's and she spends hours flipping it up and down and waving it around and turning it upside down like someone waving a flag. It is the funniest thing to see.

Liz's new job is making it hard for her to get ready for the fair next week. It looks as if she is going to be leaving my milking shorthorn, Rose Magnolia, home because she never got to the library to print off registration blanks for her. I am kinda disappointed because I think she is real nice and I want to see how she looks with her coat clipped and washed and all shined up. She is a strapping big girl now with an amazing frame and a very deep body. I think the Poker bull is going to be a good one.

Well, the Carolina wren has finished his daily early morning serenade and the Indigo bunting is warbling down below the driveway. Guess that means its time for chores. Take care....

3 comments:

Ava said...

Good morning!! Would love to see a video of Shamrock!! That is awesome! Jerseys are the cutest!!!!! Hope you have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Give that hard working boy a hug and a kiss from his grandma! Loved the bird song. Wish I could learn to identify them by the sound. i think that cardinal I hear might be a mocking bird, because the song changes so much. I never do see him when he is singing. Love Mom

threecollie said...

Ava, hi there, I will get it done as soon as I can...


Mom, will do. It is so hard to tell a mocker from the bird it is mocking unless they improvise or change to another bird. ours fools me all the time. Love you!