(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Sunday Stills.....Billboards

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Stills.....Billboards


Bill boards are few and far between here. Up around Johnstown there are a number of them, but down here not so much.....We wanted to get a photo of one of those Amish signs offering everything from eggs to rocking chairs to jam for sale, but none of them were placed where we could safely pull off the road. Meanwhile this ugly thing has been perched on the side of one offshoot of Little Nose Mountain as long as I can remember. It has been refurbished but it has been there since we were kids riding around with Grandma and Grandpa Lachmayer back in the day...And that is how long I have disliked it too.

For more Sunday Stills......

13 comments:

Ed said...

Be glad you are billboard free, my mom had a heck of a time thios week too because of the lack of them..:-)

lisa said...

Oh yah, what an eye sore!

~ Sara ~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~ Sara ~ said...

Loverly... Note the sarcasm in my tone of type... :) great shot, horrible place for a billboard.

Regular Guy said...

Right smack in the middle of those trees.

Rev. Paul said...

Alaska doesn't allow billboards, so there are none at all. Strangely enough, we don't miss them a bit.

wv: reentin = planting more ents?

Janice said...

That is kinda just hanging right there in the way isn't it.

Linda said...

I'd would like to see the Amish billboard. I find most billboards just annoying eyesores for the most part...at least this one tells you where to go;)

joated said...

aaaaccckk! Billboards. Hate 'em. Complete distractions for the driver and defiler of the view.

If making a phone call or texting are outlawed, shouldn't billboards be taboo?

Rev. Paul...I knew something was missing when we were driving up there!

threecollie said...

Ed, I am...I knew this would be a bit of a challenge unless I happened to do some traveling, but I certainly don't feel deprive. We saw hundreds of them yesterday, too late for this week's challenge

Lisa, yeah, it is so out of place up there on the mountain side

Sara, I have to say I feel sorry for whomever has to maintain it. He certainly can't go UP the mountain, so I guess he must have to go down over the edge. Arrgghh!!

RG, yeah, it is not a pretty thing

Rev. Paul, yet another way in which your state is ahead of the rest of the pack!

Janice, it pretty much detracts from what otherwise is a lovely view coming up the valley between the mountains.

Linda, we will hunt up one of theirs first chance we get. They are all over the place these days

Joated, they are pretty awful. We came down into PA yesterday to go to Cabela's and saw hundreds but too late for the challenge. I couldn't believe how many were for massage parlors. lol

Ava said...

Wow, it's right in the middle of the trees! Good view of the trees though!!!! I live in a tourist town ... Home of Mark Twain ... so I'm used to billboards. They're everywhere!

threecollie said...

Ava, oh, wow, I can just imagine. There are quite a few of them near the cities around here, but right where we live not so many

DayPhoto said...

WOW! at the top of trees, no less!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com