(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Change 'O Plans

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Change 'O Plans


They happen to the best of us. Woke up full of hope for a harvest day. The guys got some sorghum chopped yesterday and changed fields to go after some better stuff. Were planning on more of the same for today. Walked out of the bedroom and heard rain thundering on the steel porch roof (for some reason you can rarely hear it rain in our room).

Well, dang, so much for sorghum. During drier years they might be able to chop the same day as rain if it cleared up by noon, but it is so soggy, it will be at least a day before they can move.

Normally this would plunge me into despair. Enough already, and I wish the forecasters would get it right once in a while. We were supposed to get one more nice day before the gunk set in.

However, today there is just going to be a change of plans. If I can pull it together the boy and I are going visiting and to the store. I am going to finally see folks who have been too long neglected, deliver some tomatoes and beef and books (of which we have a plethora) and then hit the store for dog food, DVDs and ammo. Getting to be that time of year and the big bucks and big Toms are making themselves known. And I am going to put a few thousand photos on DVDs and maybe speed up this tired old computer a bit. Maybe.

There. I am all cheered up at least for today. Hope you have a good one too.

Here are some links that may help.

I have been at meetings where this guy spoke and always thought he was pretty darned good for the community, but now I am downright proud of him. Man on a Mission

A small but interesting positive carved out when the flood waters revealed bits of history in Fort Hunter. Can you imagine the possibilities from this discovery? A church probably attended by Sir William Johnson before the Revolutionary War? Wow....

****Update, please go read this story about a modern day crime fighting hero. You simply can't make stuff like this up!



3 comments:

Linda said...

Hope you get it done but a day doing the little things that get left is also a good thing sometimes.

Terry and Linda said...

I sometimes long to just have a day in town to get my stuff in a slow manner instead of a rush because I have a part or a bolt and I need to get back because a broken down piece of equpment is waiting on ME!!!

Have fun...you deserve it!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com/

threecollie said...

Linda, it was great to see my folks and to shop myself rather than sending a list with whomever is going out. That way we get the shampoo we actually use etc. lol

Linda B, boy do I hear you there! It was kind of nice yesterday to actually buy things we needed, and I was lucky enough to be approached by a stranger in the store, who reads and likes the Farm Side, which was very cool. And it was good to see the folks