(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Gilboa Dam Hearing

Monday, October 10, 2011

Gilboa Dam Hearing


Called for by Assemblyman Lopez. Seems like a good idea to address concerns about this century old dam when rains of biblical proportions are not actively falling.

According to the article water was coming over the dam at one point at nearly the rate of Niagara Falls. That's a lot of water to dump into rural upstate towns and farms.

2 comments:

June said...

“Although it is commendable that NYCDEP has offered funds toward repairing the dam’s sirens..."
Y-e-e-e-esssssss, isn't that just so thoughty of the NYCDEP?

I hope there are hearings, I hope they conclusively demonstrate that there's nothing structurally amiss with the dam, and I hope it's all resolved quickly.
Before the county becomes a ghost county.

threecollie said...

June, I hope something is done to fix the situation before it is too late to fix the situation. I read your post today and it made me so sad. I am proud of the way upstate folks have pulled together to get through this but it is such an awful mess.