(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Wild

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Wild



The weather that is. One minute it's pouring rain, the wind howling like a whole tribe of banshees, and the heifers are running for the stable. Next minute the sun is blazing down, it's as warm as April and all the fields are draped with dazzling, dangling, dripping water crystals like a million, billion shining gems. 


The heifers come back out to bask against the side of the barn, soaking up rays like girls on the beach. You can almost see them reaching for their Oakleys and slathering on the sun screen.


I have been spending my time today (when not doing bookkeeping and chores and writing this week's Farm Side) checking on the pony, Jack. Becky thought he was a tiny bit off this morning and she asked me to keep a watch on him.


I could see what she meant...he sort of had a contemplative look and was flicking his ears back and forth for no apparent reason. I got an inkling that maybe he isn't drinking like he should so I took him up a handful of delicious kosher salt from the kitchen.


He sure liked it, and scoured up every crumb. 


He is such a cool little guy. I really liked having an excuse to fool with him. This afternoon he seems fine...if anything ailed him, whatever it was (or wasn't) it seems to have passed.


***PS the boss says that he saw two rainbows between the storms. 

7 comments:

Breezey375 said...

You have no idea how much I appreciate you taking care of my baby today.

lisa said...

Wild is that picture!!

Cathy said...

Awwww . . . that blue eye . . .

Breezey375 is a lucky young woman. Of course that goes both directions.

February rainbows? Daffodils around the corner :)

Terry and Linda said...

Wonderful winter rainbows...thanks for telling me..I've been missing rainbows!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Dani said...

How long has Becky had Jack the Pony?

threecollie said...

Breezey...you need to take him for a walk

Lisa, he was just eating hay out of my hand. lol Looks like a crazy man doesn't he?

Cathy, it is really brown, just a reflection. I actually went out to see if the daffs are peeking out yet. Glad to say that they aren't. I don't want them to freeze off if they come too soon. sure are enjoying the sensation of actually being warm for a change though. lol

Linda, I was right outdoors a number of time and never saw them. Liz got a great pic on her phone though. They were really bright!

Dani, believe it or not I can't remember. We think we have had him around ten or eleven years. I bought him for myself, just to have a horse, as we had to put my old pony and my first horse down within weeks of one another (they were thirty one and thirty two years old). After a while I gave him to her.

Breezey375 said...

He enjoyed his walk greatly you should have seen him rear in hand last night! it was hilarious! he was just full of himself!