(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Singing Lessons

Monday, March 05, 2012

Singing Lessons



That mockingbird needs some! We were awakened at 4 AM by a raucous cacophony of screeching English sparrows, sick, out of tune robin, and off-key tufted titmouse. OMG, it was awful. We need some new singers to start claiming their summer territory so that grey-feathered rock star can learn some new tunes. 

7 comments:

June said...

I guess there must be a mockingbird in that tree, but I can't see him/her.
Send him/her here . . . I don't care what he/she sings, so long as I can hear a bird again!

threecollie said...

Sorry about that June, just an empty cottonwood in the afternoon sun. He was at it again today and you are right...it is better to hear even bad singing than none.

joated said...

It is annoying, isn't it? Bad enough when the mocker repeats three lines over and over and over again, but to do it out of tune is worse than fingernails on the chalkboard.

Jan said...

It's free entertainment, but still they might choose their time and place a little better.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've heard a mockingbird here...I wish I did. I am on the look out for one now.


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Cathy said...

Ahaaaahahhaahaaaaa! That's a hoot! Oops. No. You didn't mention 'hooting.'

You lucky, lucky duckies.

lorraine said...

We have a mockingbird singing to us on the patio every day while we eat lunch. I miss the warblers - the migration seems to be over.