(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Daunted

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Daunted

NOT my kitchen, alas

The house is full of vegetables. Full I tell you.

Overrun. 

Liz took me south to Middleburgh yesterday in pursuit of some more stuff for winter and well.....she found it...

Two bushels of sweet corn. Bushel of cauliflower. Bushel of broccoli. Assorted winter squash, which at least need no attention right this minute.

I ain't lying. I am daunted.

5 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

That's a lot of veggies. When I was young, my mother would have the entire family sitting around with bowls and paper bags, shelling peas or shucking corn, snapping the ends off of green beans, or whatever. She still had lots of work to do in prep & canning, but at least the veggies were ready for the process.

Good luck!

joated said...

Lots of work ahead! Good winter food, too.

Shirley said...

Do you just freeze the broccoli and cauliflower?

Cathy said...

"My house is full of vegetables . . "

All good. Bet none of them are couch potatoes.

threecollie said...

Rev. Paul, sounds like a great memory! My mom mostly canned after we kids went to sleep, but I have a lovely aunt who always let us help. Seemed like fun at the time.

Joated, looking forward to soup especially. We love Italian sausage/vegetable soup...and several others involving lots of veggies.

Shirley, clean, cut up, blanch in hot water, then cool, package and freeze. Easy, if tedious.

Cathy, oh, man, you gave us a great grin with that. And no, I guess not. LOL