(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Not the way I would do it....

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Not the way I would do it....


This bright and pretty pastoral scene met our eyes as we stopped at Bellinger's Orchard to buy a box of peaches....an activity I highly recommend by the way........mighty fine fruit that....

However the participants in this tableau also almost met our car. 

Head on

The horse pulling the cart either didn't like the pony being hauled behind or was just not well broken, so he was slatting around raising heck, all over the road. The pony took occasion to sit back against the lead rope now and then as well. It was downright interesting. Not the way I would do it....

However, they sure looked pretty in the mid-morning sun.

3 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Me either. But you are right it did look purdy!

Cathy said...

I respect the Amish way of life . . but . . . . Keith almost rain into a buggy once on a bright sunny day on a curving, hilly road in central Ohio. He'd been in bright sunshine and took a curve that was in deep shade and there was the buggy. He had to go into the other lane. If there'd been anything else in the other lane . . . . .

threecollie said...

Linda, they so often leave me shaking my head, but without them the area would not be quite the same.

Cathy, they almost got me one dark night with an unlighted and unmarked farm wagon on a busy state highway where the speed limit is 55. Had their DOG (!!!) not been trotting along in the other lane and caught my eye I shudder to think what would have happened. I probably would not be typing this. I could tell you stories..... were we sitting face-to-face, but can't share them here. Like everybody I guess they have two sides and what with the horses in the road we get to see one of them quite often. Makes for good photos though. lol