(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Good Birds

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Good Birds

Ring-necked Pheasant...calling him my nemesis bird
the past couple of years, as we just couldn't find one
until today
Rough-legged Hawk

Northern Harrier...the Grey Ghost

Pileated Woodpecker, a pair, right in the yard today


Been lucky the past couple of days, although we missed the Snowy Owls and the Short-eared Owl we've been chasing.

A Glaucous Gull, right down on the river today
a lifer for me



Great Black-backed Gull, not rare, but he posed nicely

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Marianne, I have some questions about your Glaucous Gull. It might just be how the photos were rendered but things that may be a little off for Glaucous are: the bill color doesn't seem quite right, there looks as if there may be a hint of a tail band (although it might just be shadow) and the there seems to be some darker tones to the plumage than would be typical for Glaucous. I think my email is included.

threecollie said...

Bill, I wasn't able to find your email, but I would take any advice you have to offer on this bird. I didn't know if it was an Iceland, a Glaucous, or some other bird...not too hot on gulls and I'll be the first to admit it. I put it up on Facebook, What's this bird, and that was what the people there told me. FEel free to point me in the right direction! Thanks!

Cathy said...

Wonderful birds!!!

threecollie said...

Cathy, we have been having so much fun!

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Yes, you certainly WERE lucky! Wonderful finds! Thanks for sharing your photos.

threecollie said...

Jacqueline, thanks, we really were!