(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: National Dog Day

Sunday, August 26, 2018

National Dog Day


And look who got a nice, new dog house. This guy lives in the house for the most part but  spends some time outside in his run too. He used to have a barrel, which he liked just fine, but we thought he should have something better so the boss bought him an igloo style house.

He was terrified of it. He is the most chickenhearted Border Collie I have ever met. He spent a whole day hovering outside it refusing to go in.

Then I threw a big biscuit inside. He HAD to go in to get it.

He turned around once or twice, peeked out the door as if to say, "Hmm, this isn't so bad after all."

And has been hanging out in there ever since.

So, Happy National Dog Day, Finn, you silly boy you.

2 comments:

Jan said...

I would prefer to say that he is very cautious as intellectuals are known to be...

threecollie said...

Jan, he is truly an odd dog, but I enjoy most of his quirks. He has no herding instinct at all, not one drop, which is okay because I have no reason to herd anything. He likes routine right down to the second, but doesn't really like me all that much. He growls at me constantly. Doesn't seem to mean anything by it, but it is a bit unsettling. He loves everyone else in the family madly though. And he does accept my valet services albeit a bit impatiently and is....well....nice in his way....