(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Oh, Honey

Friday, September 21, 2018

Oh, Honey


Tis the season of roadside stands and we have been taking full advantage. Winter squash from one Amish farm, apples from our favorite orchard, and tomatoes and homey from a new place we discovered in our travels.

I love honey but I won't buy it if it isn't local. Foreign honey is often of dubious quality and we have a number of excellent bee keepers in the area.

We stopped the other day at a stand on a rural road near here and bought some nice tomatoes and a little jar of honey.

It is wings down the best honey I have ever tasted. Like Mozart for your mouth, sweet, light, fragrant, and flavored just like you might think flowers would taste if you ate flowers. Better than orange blossom honey and that is saying something.

We went back for a second jar for me and one for my folks and may even go back for more before the season ends. Good stuff!

My new bench

4 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

I am right there with you...honey from China is not something I want.

tryon1@frontiernet.net said...

That is a neat bench. The honey is delicious! Love Mom.

Nursejoan said...

Local honey is always the bees knees! :)

threecollie said...

Linda, when you read of the contaminants!

Mom, glad you enjoyed it. I tried it in my coffee this AM and I can see that it isn't going to last long. Love you!

Nursejoan, it is! lol