(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: It's a Yes Kind of Storm

Friday, November 16, 2018

It's a Yes Kind of Storm


As in yes, it's cold. Snow is still coming down. I need to start wearing gloves to walk dogs and feed birdies. Fingers is frozen after just a few minutes....barely long enough for the coffee to get done....Soon now...

And yes, school is closed. Even though our youngest baby has helped build an addition to the Smithsonian, shored up more bridges and dams than I can remember, and will be 29 in a few months, the school is calling me about closings. At 5:30 AM. See, we are rightfully an emergency contact since Peggy goes to school there and I guess we need to know. And I am awake then anyhow...

Yes, the snow is odd. Thick and heavy, almost gummy, but not a bit packy. Not going to see many snowmen today unless it warms up a lot. It's more like dense sleet I guess.

And yes....oh, yes...the birds are hungry. Enough that a chickadee landed on my fingers to grab a peanut this morning in the not-quite-light. A day maker for me any time that happens. This bird didn't even hesitate or make me wait. I put up my hand and he popped down on it. There is magic in the sensation of those tiny claws on cold, damp skin.....

Now there is a White-throated Sparrow singing about Canada, or Sam Peabody, depending on your interpretation of sparrow dialect, from the tray feeder in the kitchen window.

Calendar be hanged. Yes........it is winter.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Global warming comes to upstate New York. I heard the city is paralyzed by this early snow.

Terry and Linda said...

I would love to have a bird land on my finger!!! :)

threecollie said...

Jan, yes, yes it does. It slays me that the same scientists who gave us glow bull warming...forced it down our throats in fact...are now saying that a lack of sunspots will give us a mini ice age. Wait, what?

Linda, it thrills me every single time.