(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Happy Mother's Day

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Happy Mother's Day

The apple doesn't fall far......

To all the fine mothers and the products of fine mothers who might be reading this...

But especially to my own mommy Owdice, who is and always has been the very best of mothers.

Thanks for raising me right, listening to rants and raves and whines for all those years, and for the amazing blankets, quilts, paintings and carvings you made me over the years. For putting up with reptiles and amphibians in your house, which i know was not your favorite thing.....For passing down Betty Crocker, that old red and white cookbook that has kicked off so many great recipes, and for our daily phone chats now that mean the world for me.

And for doing all the cool stuff you always did with dad that pointed us kids in the direction of doing cool stuff too. That is my favorite photo of you, binoculars around your neck, boots, and go-out-in-the-woods clothes, with happy face. Sorry I didn't turn out to be much of a girlie girl though, because you did that side of life well too.

I love you mama, more than words can say. Hope you have a terrific day and hear from both your boys. You know I will be calling you too....

3 comments:

tryon1@frontiernet.net said...

Thank you so much dear Daughter. Know that I love you more than I can tell you, even though you called me "Mommy oudice" because I told you that you had to call me mommy, not oudice. Know that I love you, even though you threw up a whole bottle of beets all over your crib (which is now in your possession) because you loved them so much, I kept feeding them to you until the jar was gone. Know that I love you for all the things we shared, like the time I put you over my knee and spanked you on the butt, and you got up and said to me "There, now do you feel better". Know that I love you even though you brought a snake to your graduation party. Know that I enjoyed every minute of raising you, my first born, the daughter your father wanted so badly. I love you for all the things we have shared, and will continue to share as long as life shall last!! Love, Mom

12Paws said...

Wow--you two--just WOW!

threecollie said...

Mama, you are simply the best. Guess that's why I turned out so good. lol. Love you too..thanks for making my day as well as my life

12, yeah.....lol