(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: X Spurts

Monday, May 13, 2019

X Spurts

The vultures are already gathering......

I just hung up on a potential hay customer

Rudely. 

Color me not much of a businesswoman. After several minutes of lectures about how we have to deliver, how we can't say first come first served for hay....we do not hold it for anyone....came warnings about Johne's from spreading manure because of the state, meat not being safe to eat, and on and on, I lost it at Roundup in milk.

No.

Just no.

We don't have to do anything we don't want to do other than pay taxes and die. We don't have to deliver. We don't have to hold hay for complete strangers, just because they say so, when we have good customers who are nice people who come regularly. 

And there is no Roundup in milk. I intend to continue drinking a goodly quantity of said milk every single day until I fulfill one of those requirements above, and I don't mean the taxes....although that is why we sell hay in the first place...to pay taxes.

Somebody else wants the rest of the hay anyhow, and will soon be here to pick it up. 

Color me glad. Then I can go back to only answering the phone when I recognize the number, thus only talking to friends, family, and the library.

4 comments:

tryon1@frontiernet.net said...

My you are bitchy today! Could it be all those rude people who make you wait around all day and then never show up? Dealing with the general public is quite often a problem. I remember some of the nasty letters, anonymous of course, we got when we were giving our all to Audubon. I can't blame you for being angry. I just hope to cheer you up, we who have been in business, have all been there. Love, Mom

Jan said...

I would have done the same thing, maybe even more rudely. Round up in milk? They don't deserve attention.

Terry and Linda said...

Good for you!! Terry and I are seeing more and more people who read stuff and don't understand. It's enough to make a person see red for WEEKS!!!

threecollie said...

Mama, thankfully today I am almost absurdly cheerful despite the horrific weather. I stink at dealing with the public and I don't think that is going to change any time soon. Love you!

jan, Ralph was making throat-cutting gestures with his finger on his neck the minute he heard what I was replying to her nonsense. When he wants to cut off a conversation with a hay customer it is certainly time to hang up. lol

Linda, hopefully, she will never, ever call again. Hay is really short here and it has been raining for weeks. We can easily sell what we have left to nice folks