(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Bon Chance

Monday, September 02, 2019

Bon Chance

This guy was nomming something extremely dead...so dead that it was stiff and dry
However, he really wanted it and didn't fly until we got closer as we had to go down the road he was on
He flew up onto a branch, which broke under him,
then sat on another branch cleaning dead stuff off his beak and waiting for us to leave.

Who says boys don't wear eyeliner?
Wood Ducks in eclipse plummage

Cooperative Green Heron. He went right on hunting no matter how close I got
or how many photos I snapped.

That's good luck in other words. We had some today in finding birds that were pretty and cooperative about photos. Alas, on the other hand I lost my wedding ring, probably while washing my hands at the Richfield Springs McDonald's. Not an expensive one, but I haz a sad about that for sure.




7 comments:

tryon1@frontiernet.net said...

So sad about the wedding ring. The little green heron is spectacular. Eagle too! Love Mom

Jan said...

I'll admit birds intimidate me but these guys are scary.

Terry and Linda said...

DARN IT! I'm so sorry you lost your wedding ring! That is a heart breaker. I am so sorry. Hugs

Cathy said...

Oh Honey. I've almost lost my ring down a few drains. I'm so sorry.

But these pictures are smile-making :)

threecollie said...

Mom, yeah, it was unfortunate indeed. Thanks for your kind words. love you too

Jan, the eagle looks pretty fierce, but he was attempting to eat a very, very, very, very dead road-killed squirrel and not having much success. We laughed and left him to it.

Linda, thanks. I am sad and I miss it terribly.

Cathy, I should have known better. On some new meds, made my fingers skinnier..I knew it was kinda loose. Dagnabbit. Thanks

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Spectacular birding day, but a sad one, when you lost your ring. Any chance somebody might have found it at that restaurant and turned it in?

threecollie said...

Jacqueline, I did check at the restaurant within an hour of missing the ring but it was not there, alas. Either someone picked it up and didn't turn it in, or I lost it somewhere else. I am forcing myself to accept its absence. Having lost several dear friends and family over the past little while I can't let myself mourn it too much. I miss it though..