(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Adding Insult

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Adding Insult


Y'all know how I got fired....and they didn't even bother to tell me, just stopped publishing columns that I took the time to write and send....

Well, it appears that even though the Gazette ran two of my columns in the Recorder which they purchased....back the first two weeks in January...nobody is going to pay me.

Nobody is even going to answer my emails.

Am I ticked off? 

Why, yes, yes I am. Don't really need the stress, do really need the money.

That is all.

5 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

That sucks! Can you take them to court?

Denny144 said...

Agree! Sounds like theft so sue them.

threecollie said...

Linda, thanks, I hope it doesn't come to that. It isn't a lot of money but I am disgusted by the cavalier way I have been treated. The only person who has bother to talk to me at all is my former editor who is a really nice guy and got fired too.

Denny, hope I don't have to. Thanks

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

As one who once wrote for a living and knows how low is the hourly rate for even the highest quality writing, this just SUCKS!!! Our newspapers are just getting worse and worse, too, with no real reporting, only parroting provided news releases. So your columns were doubtless among the worthiest of all the writings in their paper.

threecollie said...

Jacqueline, it is hard to get used to not having deadlines! Such a deeply ingrained habit. We really don't get the papers much any more. Both local ones are owned by the same company and are terribly slanted. Thanks for your kind words!