(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Smol Thing

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Smol Thing

Brown Creeper, nemesis for three years
Found yesterday thanks to his tinkly song

Opened the sitting porch yesterday, a small thing for sure.

And yet kinda lorge as well. This morning it is a little chillier in the living room than it might be because most of the plastic is off the door.

However, the chickadees found the summer feeder as soon as I hung it up. I think they followed me around the house when they saw the seed cup in my hands.

They were downright gleeful at having it all to themselves and kept up a steady shuttle to and fro until they all had their fill.

It's the little things.

As the mornings warm up a bit I can now sneak out there for a few early minutes with the dawn and the dinosaur descendants and forget about the bigger things we are all facing these days.

Oh, and coffee. It wouldn't be morning without coffee.

Golden-crowned Kinglet

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Dang. I wish you lived next door. Dang.

Well, as I'm having my cup of coffee I'll be sharing your musings on dinosaur descendants with Keith.
And I'll be lifting that mug in your direction to toast the unique whimsical "View" you share with us all on life around you.

Good morning dear Marianne.

Cathy said...

P.S. Had my first backyard Brown Creeper yesterday. Now I gotta look up and listen to that "tinkling" I've been missing :

threecollie said...

Cathy, I feel the same way about you. So sorry the stars have yet to align so we can meet in person. Sure was cool to talk to you on the phone though! I have a hard time seeing the little creepers. Have to hear them or just get lucky. I did the FOY dance twice for Ralph, as it has been more than a year since I have seen one. lol

Terry and Linda said...

It is the little things...and a few moments all to myself. You so understand.

threecollie said...

Linda, yes! That! I love the short time most days when I walk out alone. Mental quietude is a very fine thing!