(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Contrasts

Monday, July 06, 2020

Contrasts


The other day we found that the Schoharie Crossing State Historical Site had been vandalized since we had last visited, albeit in a fairly minor way. The mess was promptly cleaned up and many more signs warning visitors against everything from COVID to Zebra Mussels appeared.

Yesterday there was a big pile of empty (and incidentally illegal as heck) fireworks boxes to greet us. However, they were neatly piled for pickup by the crew. There have not been very many backyard displays this year, whether because the governor has troopers at the border to stop folks from importing them or people are afraid to travel out of state...might not be able to get back in and all...I just don't know.



However there was something else on a rock out in the river that was very different.

A bit of red and green caught my eye from some distance away and I put the bins on it. Weird.... but It was very birdy just then and I wanted to keep hunting. We had a short amount of time so I almost ignored it.

However curiosity got the better of me...I am one of those people who just HAS to know...so I moseyed on over.

What I found is pictured above, a small pack of plants, a bouquet of flowers, and two candles in glasses. My first thought was a memorial for someone's loss, so I said a small prayer for the deceased and left quickly.

Killdeer


However, as soon as Liz saw the photos she said, "Somebody is romantic! I'll betcha someone is going to get a really sweet proposal today, maybe in a kayak."

And it all made sense.

I surely do like her version a lot better. Everybody loves a romance.

Nice and tidy 

No comments: