(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Fixing the "new" Facebook

Friday, September 04, 2020

Fixing the "new" Facebook

 


Sometimes metamorphosis is not all it's cracked up to be

Like else everyone I hate the new format. Saw several articles on this and gave it a try.

Long story short, I love it.

Takes a few minutes to customize, but notifications are now in order with new ones highlighted in color. Timeline now STAYS on "most recent".

No ads.

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is, goodbye to the update from Hell and hello to Facebook Purity.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

WOW!! Thanks for the incentive. . . . I'd about given up . .!

Shirley said...

You have to have Firefox to install it?

Shirley said...

So.... I tried to ask about this on FB with a link to the site and FB said I couldn't post it because it went against their "Community Standards" insert heavy eyeroll....

threecollie said...

Cathy, so far I like it a lot. We shall see after FB has a few days to react.

Shirley, I installed it as an extension to Chrome and it seems to work very well....not sure why FB would call a browser extension an insult to their standards...but then again. lol

Ontario Wanderer said...

Need to look at the extension!

threecollie said...

OW, FB forced me into the new format again today and with a single click on the extension button FBP turned it right back. So far I still like it.