(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: First Dawn Chorus 2021

Sunday, February 28, 2021

First Dawn Chorus 2021

 

Don't let the door hit ya...

At least nine cardinals this morning, most of them singing gloriously. Surround sound in the early grey of dawn.

I never noticed when the first real chorus occurred before, but with the NY Breeding Bird Atlas going on, I've been entering breeding codes when I see or hear them. 

Sounds as if at least a little lead has opened up down along the south shore north of the house too. I could hear Mallards and gulls hollering and whispering down there for the first time since late last year.

Small signs of impending spring, but I'll take 'em.



5 comments:

Shirley said...

One of my favourite spring things is waking up to the pre dawn chorus- usually anywhere between 3 and 4 am. So far it's a post dawn chorus of chickadees and house sparrows, but the geese are on the move and give the bird choir a good solid bass line :o)

aurora said...

Love hearing birds sing and ring in the new day!

threecollie said...

Shirley, I love spring and early summer mornings! If a Carolina Wren wakes me it is the best of all.

Aurora, same here. It sure was a treat yesterday

Terry and Linda said...

SPRING IS COMING!!! SOON! VERY SOON!

threecollie said...

Linda, and boy am I ready for it!