(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Bluebirds and Birds that are Blue

Monday, March 08, 2021

Bluebirds and Birds that are Blue


 
We've been seeing Eastern Bluebirds lately.... everywhere. Every single one reminds me of Dad. He loved them and made many bluebird houses over the years.

There is a flock of at least 8 hanging around in our driveway. Usually they stay at the back of the farm and only come down as far as the old heifer pasture and then only in winter. Yesterday I walked down the driveway and they met me half way.



As for the birds that are blue....this bottle of maple syrup came straight from our boy's sugarbush up in Bath. I am supposed to be making pancakes to go with it, but instead am treating myself to a little spoonful every morning....it'll last longer that way.

Nights are still stupid cold here. It was four degrees when I got up this morning, and even with the sun up and bright it is not particularly pleasant yet. The river almost thawed last week....almost.



But not quite and now it is almost bank-to-bank thick ice with only a few small open leads.

Hint to the Powers that Be....we are ready for spring. In fact, way beyond ready. 

That is all

Thank you.



4 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

YAY! Bluebirds are a sign of SPRING

threecollie said...

Linda, if so, it is nearly here, because we are seeing them everywhere. I think House Sparrows are declining, thus bluebirds have a chance at nesting holes without being driven out or killed by the awful things. I sure hope so!

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

I remember how cold it was this past Monday. I thought winter would never end. But overnight the warmth descended and over the past 3 days the transformation has been astounding. Hang in there. Springtime brings hope along with its warmth. This has been a terrible year for you. May spring help to bring you joy.

threecollie said...

Jacqueline, thank you, it has been a terrible year and shows little sign of letting up. However, it was a real joy to see it go from four above one morning to Common Grackles and Red-winged Blackbirds the next. And this morning when I walked out with the dog the first thing I heard was a peenting American Woodcock. We don't get them every year so it was a major treat.