(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: The Good Parts

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

The Good Parts

 

I don't necessarily enjoy sharing the roads with unlit vehicles that meander along in the dark unseen until close calls ensue.
However, one bright side of living near hundreds of Amish families is that lambs and calves and brand spanking new foals abound. 

I am still deeply bogged in trying to give people money. Back in the day we would have received paper bills, written checks, and sent the payments on their way. Now with both of Mom's phones no longer functioning it is impossible to change bank accounts on several of her creditors' websites. They just won't let me add my phone or add the estate account without her phones. Calling is usually unhelpful, as all I get is why they can't help me. Frustrating indeed.

Sometimes I bird a little with this guy


However, although we don't travel like we did before gas prices went up and I got this new part time job chasing Mom and Dad's stuff, we do get out.





And we see some wonderful things, not all of them birds....not that there is any shortage of birds either. Migration is just gaining momentum now and the first warblers and summer sparrows are beginning to show up. (Also some less wonderful but still interesting things, like the flooded pickanick table and the photo below.) It takes some of the sting out of doing battle with the drones.


We often stop to watch the beavers at a small backroad pond
The other day there was a dead one between the bank and the road.
No way of knowing if he was hit by a car, killed by another beaver (pond is tiny and crowded) or met his
demise in some other way. However, check out those chompers!

5 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

It's so hard to do business anymore with BIG companies. They really need to look at putting a PERSON WHO CAN SPEAK ENGLISH (native to the USA) to help and throw out those punch this button then this button....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

AAARGH! I sympathize with your frustration trying to deal with your parents' affairs. It seems everyone expects you to have a smart phone equipped with all kinds of apps in order to do ANYthing. I live in fear that my husband and I will leave all kinds of stuff for our kids to deal with should we both die at once.If I ever consider divorce from my husband of 58 years, it's because he keeps acquiring more stuff and refuses to discard the old. When he was teaching at Siena, he used to go away to conferences for maybe a week or two at a time and I could spirit things away that he never ever missed. But now he's around the house all the time and would catch me at it. Sigh! I'm glad you have so many wonderful ways to be soothed by the beauty that lies around you. Thanks for sharing photos of them with your readers.

threecollie said...

Linda, exactly my experience! Maddening. I got three taken care of today that I have been fighting with for ages. Great feeling.

Jacqueline, This has made me try to divest myself of some possessions and toss out some junk. More to follow when I finish the estate stuff...which will be a while, I am afraid. Thanks for your kind words! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't go outdoors.

Cathy said...

Oh Ladies . . . your comments. It seems this year has been one of a jarring reality settling over our sense of things. Yes. Time to get things in order. Sigh.

And yes Jacqueline:
"'m glad you have so many wonderful ways to be soothed by the beauty that lies around you."
Amen.

threecollie said...

Cathy, I am not sure how to deal with this year. We just keep chipping away all the while we are being chipped away at. Barely keeping up at all.