(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Almost 70

Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Almost 70

 



Today would have marked their 70th wedding anniversary, but they only made 69. They met on a blind date, lo these many years ago, went to each other's proms that year, and then did everything together for all the rest of their years forever.

They used to call out to one another in their later years....or maybe forever as well, but I only learned about it in the past few years...

"I love you," I would hear Dad yell from somewhere upstairs or out in the office when I was talking on the phone with Mom.

"Love you," she would holler in her scratchy COPD voice. Then she would go right back to what we were talking about when he called.

How about that? Wish they were here to enjoy their 70th, but wherever they are, I'll bet they are still together, still calling out, some way somehow...

I love you....




6 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh Marianne . . . there's never been a more touching, sweet remembrance of two people. They're smiling from above at the blessing of a daughter who holds them, always - in her heart.

ellie k said...

What a wonderful memory for you, thanks for sharing it with us. My husband and I were married July 18, 65. We celebrated every 18th for 50 years until he passed. First thing we did on the 18th was say happy 18th I love you. I left for work at 5am so did not always wake him, the phone would ring a little later so he could tell me happy 18th. If one of my ladies answered the phone he would tell them just tell her happy 18th and I love her. I miss him most on the 18th and still say I love you Ron.

Terry and Linda said...

Beautiful! I love your memory. And your warm lovely post.

threecollie said...

Thank you, Cathy, it was a poignant day, full of memories and bittersweet feelings. I miss them

Ellie, it seems from afar that you had a beautiful relationship, may your fond memories sustain you. He must have been an amazing man.

Linda, thanks! I miss them.

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

I am so happy for you that you had your folks for so long, and that your memories of them are so wonderful.

threecollie said...

Thanks, Jacqueline, wish that they had made 70 but just can't make it so.