(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: An Odd Light

Monday, December 27, 2021

An Odd Light


 
In the east says that the sun is probably trying to rise. It won't officially break with the edge of the earth until 7:28, but it is bright enough to see without the yard light once your eyes adjust.

Later today I will probably get to see some photos from one of my favorite places on earth, (hint, manatees, cough, cough) and I have already seen pics and video of a beautiful flying potato, otherwise known as Bailey. 

That is better than sunrise in my book. 



Update...I have been informed that she was actually a flying snowmobile. I don't think they have those down there...

Anyhow, this morning I felt normal except for a residual cough that may never go away. I had honestly over the bulk of the month of December, completely forgotten what normal felt like. I came to a pretty close understanding of what old feels like though, and good Lord, I do not like it!

I am of average health for my age I guess, I get around, I getter done. For the last month though, just making a cup of coffee was an undertaking. So was drinking it. If you need a weight loss plan, this one really works, although I would not recommend it.

I managed not to break my eBird streak of filing a list every day, but one day it consisted of two Blue Jays that hit the feeder when I was able to be there for a second. I am having a real rough time with the 50 rated media challenge though. Between bad light and no birding....



Now we are waiting for the boss to break free of the sleeping and coughing all day and not wanting to eat. Never thought I would have to nag him to eat, but I guess that is a symptom of this junk. He seems a lot better though, and probably pretty much out of the woods.

Hope this finds you all well and enjoying your Christmas goodies. I got well for Christmas, and that is about as good as it gets.

PS, we also got a few minutes of amazing sunrise, which I was able to go out and enjoy. Bonus time.



4 comments:

ellie k said...

That is good news to read, glad you seem to be on the down side of this mess. The sun rise must have lifted you a bit. The colors are so pretty. So far I have been able to stay well. I pray that you will fill better each day now and soon be chipper and running around the house again.

Shirley said...

I call those clouds God's Fingers.
So glad you are out of the woods and feeling better. A few things to help recovery:
Star Anise (chinese not japanese star anise) tea
NAC and glutathione
Quercitin
White Pine needle tea
Black Cumin (Nigella Sativa)
It's all about rebuilding your immune system. So lots of D3, C, and zinc.
When I was sick I still had to do my chores every day, it was walk a few steps, stop and rest, etc. I even had Ted come and push the wheelbarrow for me a couple of times.
The good part is now you will have a natural immunity.

threecollie said...

Ellie, thanks for your kind words. The sunrise was a true blessing and I was really grateful for it.

Shirley, good description! Doing the zinc and D3, will have to try some of the others. We got pretty run down with this and recovery is hard and slow. Thank you

Terry and Linda said...

Boy, I'm glad each of you are starting to make the turn around. My prayers are with you. Sigh