(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Going Viral

Friday, December 10, 2021

Going Viral

 

That's Peggy's Great-grandma, Peggy, in the front row.
Found the clipping in a drawer the other day.

Something clomped through our household over the past couple of weeks that surely was an unwelcome visitor. I don't think we were/are sick enough for the big one, but still it hasn't been much fun.

Peggy was first....amazing how elementary school will do that for you. Then her mom, then me, now the boss and Auntie Becky. Kinda like a cold, but different, doncha know. At once both less and yet more miserable, weirdly enough.

Anyhow, today I felt enough better to start making chicken soup before the sun came up (with this bug you feel a LOT worse as the day goes on) and then biscuits to go with it. Did three days worth of dishes...ugh...and made a fast bird list too. Haven't missed in 1805 days so far, so I take getting at least a feeder list done each day pretty seriously.

So I dosed everybody that is home...Liz is working and Peg at school...with grandma's famous cold remedy, and now I am resting for a while before getting on with the next thing...maybe walking the dog....again.

Or maybe I will just get another cup of orange juice and vegetate in my chair.

Yeah, that sounds good...vegetate. Hope you are all well and prayers from all of us for those of you who aren't. You are in our thoughts endlessly. Hugs



5 comments:

Denny144 said...

I thought I had the big one last month. But the grandkids who gave it to me all got tested and it turns out they brought home the RSV bug that’s running rampant in their elementary school. So while it didn’t make me feel better, it did relieve some worries.

threecollie said...

Denny, that could be what we have. Sure is a weird one! Hope you are feeling better.

Terry and Linda said...

Hope everyone gets well quickly. Prayers are with you

ellie k said...

Hope all is on the mend by now. Things like the flu or whatever just runs from one member of a
house hold to another. I wanted to tell you about an article in our Sunday paper about donkey rescue at the Mexico border mostly. Our paper is called Tampa Bay Times, the article is called A media excutive left his career to help maligned donkeys. I think you can pull it up on your computor, it is very interesting. The rescue he started in called Oscar's Place in Hopeland, Ca. I did not realiza the skin was the important part of a donkey. I know in places the milk or meat is used a lot. Get well, enjoy a little rest.

ellie k said...
This comment has been removed by the author.