(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Lake Love

Thursday, August 25, 2022

Lake Love


 
Matt and Lisa took me up to Peck's yesterday for a visit. They have their camper there this week.

The lake did not disappoint...nor did the company. Some of my favorite peeps.

Not to mention, Loons calling, their wild yodels echoing over the water. Birds singing in the trees all around. A boat ride in pursuit of wily water swimmers, since I purchased my lifetime hunting and fishing license last week. They made themselves scarce though.

I don't think you need a license for the big 'un I hauled in over the side, although it took both hands and a heated struggle. Nothing like a nice anchor rope to fill the frying pan if you are skunked on bass and perch.

Got to see a pair of cousin families, which was extra nice, and check the lake for ducks from their docks. Hi cousins! It was great to see you. Thanks for the lake views.

Matt fried bagels on a cast iron griddle over an open fire. Really good! I would eat them again.

Anyhow, I love the kids...Matt is my baby brother...I love the lake, the cousins, the birds, the scent of wonderful wild water and the clean blue sky over that water, so thanks guys.

It was great. 



No comments: