(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: See the Hole?

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

See the Hole?


Neither did I until I dragged myself up off the ground
and looked around to see why I face planted next to the bike path this morning.

Crash.

I did see the woodchuck that dug it though, scurrying away just before I found his back door.

 We don't need no stinking rodents!



There was a nice lady walking on the bike path nearby and she was sure I must be injured, but, nope, I was fine. Only my dignity was damaged. (Well, all right, I am too old to be slamming into the ground like that and am a little shaken up. Nothing a good night's sleep won't cure).

Maybe I should stick to the paved part of the trail.

However, I often walk beside the path so as not to impede cyclists and people who walk  faster and in a much straighter line than a birder....a lot of time is spent standing still, looking up, or peering through binoculars.

Anyhow, after I cleaned all the water off all my lenses...heavy rains last night and all...I went looking for a way to mark the hole so it doesn't claim any other victims.


Hope this works.


Scarlet Tanager from the backyard this morning
Not one photo of one in red plumage this year, alas

6 comments:

elliek said...

Glad to hear you are ok. It seems like a long way down as you get older. I know from experience
.

Shirley said...

At least you didn't break anything like I did!

Cathy said...

WOW!!! So glad you're okay!!!!

threecollie said...

Thanks all! I was incredibly fortunate not to be injured as I had no warning, nor chance to catch myself. It was like being roped in a rodeo or something. I still have a bruised elbow but not even bad enough to stop me from doing anything I want to.

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Glad to hear you escaped injury. The older we get, the easier it is to do damage to just about every part of us. Thanks for marking the hazard.

threecollie said...

Jacqueline, I was so very fortunate not to be seriously injured. I had no time to catch myself and just crashed right down. Hopefully no one repeats the exercise!