(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: It is a Given

Thursday, September 01, 2022

It is a Given



That if drought-breaking rain shall fall
, it shall be on the Fonda Fair

Usually on tractor pull night.

The boss went over to enjoy said event last night, but I hear tell they got rained out....not for the first time, and probably not for the last. Last week in August, first week of September are notorious for chancy weather around here.

Sorry guys, I could not believe it when, shortly after I came indoors from a lovely walk under gorgeous skies, I looked out and it was pouring

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday?  You cannot be serious.

He must have found something else to entertain him though, as I don't even know what time he got home. We introverts, Becky and I, stayed home and read books and reveled in the silence.

Anyhow, I wish that it had been otherwise for those who love the sport. (I actually really like seeing the big rigs go, all that thunderous power and smoke and glory. However, I also love peaceful, quiet and calm, and guess which is easier to come by....LOL...just call me lazy.)

Of course, it is lovely outside now, although still dripping. Pastel skies are turning bright and the Carolina Wrens are going nuts, singing and whirring their warning rattles.

 Perhaps I should go join them. Have a great day.

Here is a pony, hope it helps you feel better.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I'm sure the rain was welcome, even if it wasn't very appropriate for the event!
Lovely pony photo.

threecollie said...

Shirley, it was needed and welcome. The one thing we haven't had in a very long time is a systemic, slow, gentle rain. Always with the downpours. Still, it did water the fields and gardens. Thanks on the pony. We passed it in a field on our ramblings and it was neatly backlit.