(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: The Shrinkening

Thursday, December 22, 2022

The Shrinkening

 


Has ended for the year. Despite the foul weather coming our way, with no doubt lots more in abeyance, the days will lengthen now...

 I, for one, am very glad of it. As an early riser since I worked at Saratoga Race Track when I was a kid, through a lifetime of dairy cows and dogs and chickens etc. I wake up whether I want to or not.

Might as well be able to see.

Meanwhile, we are doing what we can to prepare for the next couple of days. Double round bales for the horses, a fresh one for the sheep, a new load of firewood. Full tanks of gas for the cars. The potential to lose power in a storm like the one predicted is pretty scary. 

Stay warm and safe out there...

3 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

I hope you folks can miss the worst of it. I always love reading your blog.

Shirley said...

Hope all goes well. Power loss in the winter can be deadly. Albeit more so for city folks.

threecollie said...

Linda, thanks, so far not bad. I have to go read the hourly weather and see what's coming. Had really heavy rain, wind isn't here yet

Shirley, thanks! Yeah, we sold our tractor so we have no way to run the generator. Hopefully we can find something next spring.