(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: You can Dress 'em Up

Saturday, February 25, 2023

You can Dress 'em Up

 

Poor, poor pitiful me
an ol' jack Russell, sittin' by her knee.
On my way to the rabies vaccination
clinic
Oh, woe is me!


See that little dog up there? All, "Butter wouldn't melt in my mouth, poor me, poor me."

We needed to get him an update for his rabies vaccination today, so we headed over to the clinic in Fonda. We have done it before...NBD.

However, today there were lots and lots and lots of dogs and cats there. Lots.

And every single stinking one of them was better behaved than Mack. Every single one.

From the second I let him out of the car until he was back in the kitchen he fought me. He weighs between 12 and 15 pounds. I should be able to handle him, right? I mean, I have showed cows, horses, all sorts of critters a lot bigger than that blasted dog....but

Every ounce of him is packed with muscle and he really wanted to go say hi to all those doggies... and then fight them. If I put him on the floor, people were all, "Oh, the poor little thing...he's choking himself..."

Yeah, because he wants to tear up the floor with your little doggie. Or big doggie. Or any doggie. Or kitty.

There were pitties and kitties, and yappy little bitties and they all made nice, and made their owners proud. Did I mention they acted better then my dog? Way better. They turned their heads in embarrassment for me. I believe that I also turned purple with same....

So I mostly held him in my arms, alternating as he wore me out.

Imagine filling out paperwork on a clipboard with fifteen pounds of dynamite trying to explode in your arms. My sheet was so crumpled it looked like it had been wound up in a round baler and left out in the rain. I write like a doctor at the best of times, so I am pretty sure it was a good thing I had his license with me for the clerk to copy. I had to ask a stranger to take the paper off the clipboard for me.

Of course both the clerk and the veterinarian doing the vaccinations were longtime friends of ours....

Somehow we both survived. And if that experience didn't give me a heart attack I don't know what will. Our longtime friend, Dr. Mark, gave me a hug as I was lugging Mr. Awful out to the car. By that time I needed one.


I haz teefs

10 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Actually, he is rather cute!

Nursejoan said...

JRT's- gotta love them!!!
Back on the farm, we had brothers, Slugger & Mugger. They were appropriately named!

aurora said...

"Sorry mom, but lookee I am so cute!"

You did good, and with your hands full. When I look away from a misbehaving situation it is in hopes of lessening a familiar frustration.

threecollie said...

LInda, he is indeed cute, just more than a little bit devilish

Nursejoan, Great names!

aurora, he is a cute little guy, just horribly behaved. In his defense he had never seen that many dogs at once in his life. lol

Shirley said...

Laughing here....
Great description!
Impressive toofers....

threecollie said...

Shirley, thanks! Looking back I am also laughing, but, man, my biceps are certainly sore. I need to work out more. lol

Terry and Linda said...

I Has TEETH!!! I had to laugh out loud (Sorry)

threecollie said...

Linda, he is very proud of them too! lol

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Because we have cats, a dog-expert friend warned us not to adopt a Jack Russell. Apparently, even the sharpest claws do not deter their urge to get it on.

threecollie said...

Jacqueline, JRTs are tough dogs....fierce little wolves really. I am sure some people successfully keep them with cats, but it is not something I would personally attempt. We have cats, but never in the same room with the little devil.