(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Wild Wednesday

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Wild Wednesday


Torrid Thursday...well, not really much more than just a touch torrid, but it alliterated nicely. Last night after a serious set of thunder storms, the sunset filtering through honey locust leaves was pretty and peaceful so I grabbed the camera. We lost power for a while, but it was back on before milking so we didn't have to fire up the generator. We bought that to be ready for the Y2K scare. Of course we didn't use it then, but since that time we would have been out of business without it half a dozen times. We once had no electricity for 16 days! The only damage this storm did to us that we have seen is to put a big box elder tree down on the cow lane fence. Of course one of the cows cut a teat climbing over it so she will be tough to milk for a while. A cow just won't go around if she can go through. Last week lightning took out one of the fence chargers despite lightning arresters on the fence. It is just an awful year for lightning.

One thing that amazes me is that even during the wildest storms birds fly back and forth past the living room windows like shuttles in a hurry. You would think they would huddle in a tree somewhere and wait it out, but they don't.

It is cooler today, a bit, though still soggy with humidity (see yesterday's comments for a definition of this arcane weather term). Up until yesterday it had been quite dry (and I am not complaining,) but the corn needed a drink pretty badly, so the rain was kinda/sorta welcome. I put the potted sago palms out for a drink and a bath, of which they were much in need. It is odd to see the puddles full though!

***I have been tagged by Mrs. Mecomber and will answer, as always on The View at Northview
****Oops, no, wait a minute...I did this one a while ago, only with six things.
Two more....let's see
7) I am phobic about ticks and call it tick terror. Keep them buggies away from me!
8) My father has been president of the local Audubon society, the mineral club, the carving club, plus collected archaeological relics at one time, and fossils, and always took us kids along when we were young, so we had a REAL interesting childhood....not to mention the antique store and the book store, which served as playgrounds to the young Montgomery clan.

4 comments:

R.Powers said...

I was joking about the humidity yesterday, we live in thick humid air for most of the year.
It's why I love winter so much , the humidity actually drops a little.

threecollie said...

Hi FC, yeah, I knew, I was just joking too. I shouldn't whine about hot-hot-hot in light of what some of you southern folks live with. I know Texas and the Gulf states see some awful soup. However, I can't help whining...the humidity renders me as helpless as a gator in a snowbank.

the Red Scot said...

I clicked on the link to your dad's bookshop. Jack O'Connor, the American Revolution, hunting and fishing - absolutely wonderful!

threecollie said...

Hi Red Scot, thanks for visiting and taking time to comment. I will tell the folks that you like their stock.
It was fun growing up in a bookstore, although at the time it felt like work. We sure came out of it widely read, as there was nothing else to do when we were watching that store while the folks covered the antique shop next store.