(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Road trip

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Road trip

A little hazy riding south ....






Sometimes a road trip can be a wild ride to Pennsylvania to see Emerson Drive in concert because once just isn't enough.


Nicely framed

Other times it is just the weekly Friday run down to Cobleskill to take Becky to college and run over to Wally World for dog food and boots for our farm boy.

Russet oaks carpet this hill

The former is wildly exciting, off-the-charts-different for me and the girls. The second can be a pretty nice journey as well, what with dozens of migrating red tailed hawks perched on trees along the roadsides everywhere. I have never seen so many in one day before. There was even one on a telephone wire (yes wire, not pole, I don't know how he did it), and great blue herons, golden poplars, fox-red oaks and stunning mountain and valley views that change every mile.


One of my favorite swamps on Corbin Hill Road


Either way, we love our road trips (except that they are getting obscenely expensive, causing me to eagerly anticipate December when they get out of college for winter break.)



The piece de resistance for me...a good quarter mile of winterberry holly, lining the road on both sides. I wish it wasn't out in such deep swamp water, because I would snag a couple of branches for the house if I didn't have to swim to get it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I, too, am enjoying the countryside. It's not as bright or colorful as during peak season, but the different colors and textures are wonderful. I thought those brilliant gold trees were poplars, but I wasn't sure.

Paintsmh said...

ROAD TRIPS!!! Next big one: Albany NY, BFTS PBR Event!! Fun time!!

threecollie said...

NW, it has been an exceptionally beautiful fall in my opinion, perhaps because of the relatively pleasant weather.

paints....indeed!

Cathy said...

Now don't let those beautiful berries lure you into that water . . . ;0)

I'm assuming 'Emerson Drive' is country western? I like up-tempo music. I'll bet I'd enjoy this.

Lovely photos of such a lovely area.

threecollie said...

Hi cathy, thanks, I won't go in the water, however tempting. It is too darned cold. lol
E drive in indeed country. Becky has been a fan for years. We teased her and called them Emerson Drivel until she dragged us to a concert. Now we listen to them all the time.

Breezey375 said...

heeheehee!!! you have been converted! think i can get you guys to like rooney too?

threecollie said...

B375..not likely I'm afraid, but, hey, you never know.