(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Meme for me

Monday, February 04, 2008

Meme for me

And for you if you want to do 'er. (I never tag)

From New York Renovator

Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).

Open the book to page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the next three sentences.

Finished this one last night between the end of milking at 7:30 and 11:30 a solid hour and half after I should have been in bed. (Do NOT under any circumstances start a Dean Koontz book when you don't have time to finish it. I had never read him before and didn't know.) And I did actually get breakfast before I started reading any of my three Sunday books....

"Some rocks directly below him, then the beach, the breaking surf. All of it fifty feet down. Too far for them to have jumped without injury...."

From Dean Koontz The Good Guy, Kill Me Instead

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him. So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him. Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them. (Exodus 34:29-31)

Stacy said...

Dean Koonz is awesome! If you like his stuff, try David Baldacci...if you haven't already.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

A nice, simple meme.

:)

Jan said...

I'm a total Dean Koontz fan. I always read his books in one sitting. One VERY long sitting.

OneCowgirl said...

"Did Clive feed the cats" from
Water for Elephants...
Love Dean Koonz!

threecollie said...

akagaga, thanks for playing, good quote

Stacy, I spent some of my Christmas money buying another book by him, but I will have to save it for Sunday when I have time to read it all at once. Thanks for the tip on Baldacci. I will find something by him the next time we go to the library and check it out. Always looking for new authors.

Mrs. M, it is indeed and fun too

Jan, I was afraid to read him, because with thrillers you never know if the author is going to kill off a lot of characters with whom you have become engaged. However, I think it may have been on your blog where I read a review that said he never killed the dog. I figured if he never killed the dog I was fairly safe, so I gave him a go. Glad I did!

One cowgirl! I love that author, Sara Gruen right? I haven't read Water for Elephants, but I loved Flying Changes and Riding Lessons. So few people do "real" horses. She was excellent at what the relationship between rider and horse is really like.