(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Road Trip for T-Day

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Road Trip for T-Day


Winterberry holly

Lykers in the fall

Busy little beavers
Do click these collages for detail

Liz and I did our shopping for Thanksgiving yesterday, always an ordeal, but we had a great time just talking together on the trip over and back. We also stopped by the swamp we call Lyker's Pond for a late autumn shot or two. It is semi frozen, but the beavers have been busy closing up the culvert between the two sections of pond. This is where we saw all the fish this spring. There were crews out cleaning up other beaver work on the under road culverts in the area, but this is pretty isolated so I suspect it will be a while before they get to it. The winterberry holly is gorgeous still.

The old horse that is now the header was grazing where he always is in an overgrown pasture at the end of the road. He looked so perfect there that I got Liz to stop so I could snap a shot of him....
We have taken pictures of the pond in almost every season now and when the corn is done and things slow down I will get together a post with some of them. It is such a wonderful place, just a few hundred feet from houses and busy roads but so full of wildlife and water life that we never fail to see something interesting when we stop.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that the State has prohibited "Boating Fires" in that area.

Deb said...

Your photos are beautiful as always.....the Winterberry holly is such a brilliant color against the fall foliage.

Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Linda said...

Great pic's as always, I've always wanted to see holly in the wild.

Anonymous said...

Fred Home for four days!!!!!!!
Barn comming slowly day here day there. Have to cut some boards for the stairs. can I call tomrrow???
Great pictures as always!!!! Lisa's horse is back home doing much better than when he left knows how to mind.
Love ya
matt

Jinglebob said...

Hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration!

threecollie said...

Anon, yes, they are right on the ball on that important issue and I am most grateful for it!

Deb, thanks so much, I love it. I picked up some berries that birds dropped and brought them home to plant.
A great Thanksgiving to you too and thank you!

Linda, thanks, this kind sheds its leaves but I love it

Little brother! Happy Thanksgiving! Hope to talk to you later today...I have to go out and milk, love you!

Jinglebob, thank you! I wish the same to you and your family!