(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Facebook Hates Me

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Facebook Hates Me

After all the time I waste playing there, making money for them.

Below are some of the site's rules, which are posted here

Section 2. Prohibitions

You may not publicize or administer a promotion on Facebook if:

2.1 The promotion is open or marketed to individuals who are under the age of 18;

2.2 The promotion is open to individuals who reside in a country embargoed by the United States;

2.3 The promotion, if a sweepstakes, is open to individuals residing in Belgium, Norway, Sweden, or India;

2.4 The promotion’s objective is to promote any of the following product categories: gambling, tobacco, dairy, firearms, prescription drugs, or gasoline;

2.5 The prize or any part of the prize includes alcohol, tobacco, dairy, firearms, or prescription drugs; or

2.6 The promotion is a sweepstakes that conditions entry upon the purchase of a product, completion of a lengthy task, or other form of consideration.


I cannot imagine why dairy products would be classified under the same heading as gasoline and gambling....well, I suppose gasoline is sold by the gallon too, but still. They don't ban other drinks

I am not pleased with them! I won't say that I am going to quit playing Mafia Wars but....

12 comments:

Dani said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Earl said...

You took time to read the rules? You are awesome, I just went to play. How is Mafia Wars, do you get extra points for spitting on the bodies?

lisa said...

I still can't figure out the other games let along that one!

joated said...

They don't want folks promoting dairy products to the under 18 crowd? That is sorta strange. Have you tried to contact them to ask for their reason? Could make a good story for your farm report article.

Sandcastle Momma said...

Maybe it's all the hype about the gas cows are creating LOL

Anonymous said...

LOL Facebook hates me too and I haven't figure out half of it and then today they changed a bunch more stuff.........give me blogging any day:)

Susan said...

I too am having better luck blogging than on facebook. I am publicizing a book I wrote and am having better luck attracting attention from strangers than from reconnecting with people from my past. Right now I'm having a drawing to give away five books. Check it out.

Jeffro said...

So how do they explain their "Give a Gun" app?

Freste said...

There are so many pages and so many apps and so many references and so many posted links of the "forbidden" topics that it's worth a good belly laugh to read them.

threecollie said...

Dani, yep

Earl, can't take any credit...Center for Consumer Freedom found em and I just passed em along. I like Mafia Wars....it is the only place where I am currently showing a profit. lol

LIsa, I am kinda addicted to a handful of games like Mousehunt, Fish Wrangler and yeah, Mafia Wars...

Joated, I got the info from the Center for Consumer Freedom. Their folks tried to contact FB but got no answers

SCMomma, could be! lol

LInda, I think they like to keep us off balance., Quick as I learn how to use it they change it and I have to call the kids in again to help me figure out what to do....but I so love keeping in close contact with distant friends and family. It has reopened the world of my childhood when all were close and we saw each other at least a couple times a month at family dinners....I have a mighty fine bunch of cousins and second cousins and lovely cousins once removed. It is so nice to "see" them all again.

Susan, I did and thanks for inviting me to do so. Looks like a good book!

Jeffro, dunno...they actually have a bunch of dairy stuff despite the rules....I am a fan of butter and chocolate milk and I don't know what all else....just thought it was totally bizarre to equate milk with gambling and prescription drugs. Although it is probably a heck of a lot better than any number of the latter.

Steve, exactly right. I was astonished to see the rules, since there are so many apps on all those proscribed topics.

Anonymous said...

do you play farmville?..need a neighbor?

threecollie said...

anon, I play one of those farm games...always glad for a neighbor, just send me an invite.