(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: And They Want us to Stop Using Our Outdoor Furnace

Thursday, June 10, 2010

And They Want us to Stop Using Our Outdoor Furnace

BP to burn 42000 gallons of oil per day. If it is the best answer for keeping as much oil as possible out of sensitive areas I am fine with what they are doing...it just seems ironic that the state is chasing after a few wood stoves in light of the pollution BP will cause.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.nysenate.gov/webform/let-your-voice-be-heard-outdoor-wood-boilers

It is ridiculous. But at least we have some people trying to do right by the little people. The DEC seems interested in making it difficult to submit comment on wood boilers, but Sen. Aubertine of the North Country is collecting input that he will deliver to the DEC.

We should all raise our voices!

He's also got a bill that would protect our right to have our outdoor furnaces.

lisa said...

I am putting mine in a building if it goes through then it won't be an outdoor stove!

threecollie said...

Rev Paul, there seems to be a conspiracy against independence in this country...heck in this whole world. We are not to think or do for ourselves, just be good little sheep and follow the flock. It just doesn't work for me, but I guess that puts me in the minority.


Anon, thanks, I am grateful to Senator Aubertine and used his website to file a comment. I am afraid from what I am hearing though that the whole public comment forum is just a sop to shut us up.

Lisa, you know that really isn't such a bad idea anyhow. I could get behind the concept of not standing in a snow bank chipping ice off the blocks of wood in the winter.