(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Leftovers

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Leftovers

Lichen, not leftover, but it could have been


Some people dread them and whine and complain about the too much food thing. Hah, no such thing. No way no how. Personally I am very fond of them. It is wonderful to finish up the day and know the only cooking I have to do is to pull those wonderful square plastic tubs the boss bought me out of the fridge, pile them on the table and point the family at the microwave.

Here is someone who has scientific ideas about how to handle them.

I really like his thinking......of course he is the editor of the paper that runs the Farm Side....but, still, I really like his thinking. Kind of on a been there, done that sort of level.

***Here is another just put up today. Pretty darned inspiring.

4 comments:

Shirley said...

I really loved the second link.

NumberWise said...

I, too, found the story at the second link warming and inspiring. Thanks for sharing that!

Cathy said...

What a lovely, funny man.

This:

"And for dessert, a monster helping of humility. The more perspective we allow into our lives, the more life each life contains."

That, my friend, is food for thought.

threecollie said...

Shirley, I did too!

NW, likewise, although I love the leftovers one as well. I have heard those sounds and seen those scary sights so many times at our very own refrigerator.

Cathy, he is. I have had several editors over the years, him several times, and he has always been my favorite. Got a great sense of humor.