(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Sumbunny ate my Watermelon

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Sumbunny ate my Watermelon


Or at least I thought so. There was one out there yesterday when we headed up to the Dacks to buy chainsaw chains. There's a place up there that sells them for very reasonable prices....and Mappy, they say they can match any chain you bring in, as they make them up right there. Ralph remembered to ask...




It was so cute!

When we returned after a quick excursion over Batchellerville Bridge and down that side of the mighty Sacandaga, it was gone. No matter how I looked I couldn't find it anywhere. I blamed the bunnies.

Snuggling her favorite chicken. Photo by her mom


Then, late in the afternoon I spotted it again.

Turns out it is so small...about the size of a shooter marble...that I missed it under a leaf.

I am so excited to have a watermelon growing right in the backyard!

Thank you Linda.

I had all kinds of good help picking beans yesterday

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you don't have all the locals asking, but I'll be the first: What's the name of the chainsaw place and where is it located? My DH is the one who wants to know, tho, 'cause my chainsaw days are over.

akagaga

threecollie said...

Aka, Sacandaga Outdoor Equipment. Really cool store, and prices on chains are amazing. https://www.husqvarna.com/us/dealers/sacandaga-outdoor-equipment/

Anonymous said...

Great! Thanks for the info.

akagaga

threecollie said...

AKA, you are most welcome