(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Bucket List

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Bucket List

One Cowgirl asked a bunch of folks to try this and it seems kind of interesting, so I'll give 'er a go.

What do I urgently want to do before I die...hmmm.....

1) Write another, better book. Murder Along the Mohawk seemed terrific when I wrote it, but it is pretty darned lame now. I don't care if I get a book published, I just want to find the self discipline to actually finish (another) one. I sure have started a bunch.

2) This is hard...I have done most of the things I really wanted to....not a big goals person. Getting Becky to get her drivers license comes to mind (Beck, are you reading this? You REALLY need to learn to drive. Sooner the better kiddo.)

3) It would be nice to go to the ocean beach again...maybe Venice Beach to pick up fossil shark teeth. That was the perfect outing for a born treasure hunter.

4) This is really, really hard. I started out life with the goals of marrying a farmer and having a horse. I now have a perfectly functional farmer, and don't really need another; I acquired the world's greatest horse when I was about twenty and am too old and lame to raise another. And I learned to relish, delight in, and treasure what I am doing today, every day (well almost every day...) when my best friend died before she was fifty. Time to play now, not when the bad news comes...sorry that I can't come up with more unfulfilled dreams, but I just don't have too awful many. Most that I do involve digging in the dirt for mineral specimens and finding birds and amphibians. (Just call me a happy camper I guess.) I would love to hear from any of you what your bucket list would contain though. It really is fun to contemplate.

6 comments:

OneCowgirl said...

Thanks for participating. I'm not a big goal person either...how old were you when you knew you wanted to marry a farmer?

Linda said...

I'm posting mine tomorrow, I'm wordless today.

threecollie said...

onecowgirl...it was kind of fun. I can't remember how old I was, but young. I knew I wanted lots of animals and it was the only way I could see to get them. lol

Linda, can't wait. I am going to look right now and see if you are done.

Rurality said...

I'm like you, happy where I am! Well, I'd like to lose some weight, but apparently not enough to actually do anything about it. :)

Jinglebob said...

Guess I'll have to see if I can come up with a bucket list. Now I want to watch the movie even more! And I live 85 miles from a town with a theater!

threecollie said...

rurality, I really am quite happy as long as no disasters are taking place...I could stand to lose some pounds myself, but I suspect that I am not going to. lol

jinglebob, I will look forward to reading yours! Sounds like you folks are having some nasty weather...I was reading about the snow this morning. Icy here today